- 1 10 Best Best Cordless Drills 2020 Review
- 1.1 #1. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX
- 1.2 #2. Milwaukee 2897-22 M18
- 1.3 #3. Stalwart 89-Piece Drill Set: Best Cordless Drills 2020
- 1.4 #4. BLACK+DECKER LDX120C 20V
- 1.5 #5. Makita XPH102
- 1.6 #6. PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max 1/2″ Drill
- 1.7 #7. Bosch DDB181-02 1/2″ Compact Tough Drill
- 1.8 #8. WORX Switchdriver 2-in-1
- 2 Different Types of Best Cordless Drills
- 3 Why to buy Best Cordless Drill
- 4 Best Cordless Drills 2020 : Buying Guide
- 5 Best Cordless Drill Safety Precautions to Note Down
- 6 How to take care of your Cordless Drill
- 7 Best Cordless Drills 2020 FAQ: All Answered
- 8 Conclusion:
Best Cordless Drills 2020: For those readers who are involved in the construction business, or work on different DIYs that are more vibrant to be handled by the normal compact drill sets, the cordless drills are the savior. The higher power, better handling and a wider range make the Impact drill set a better choice for the professionals as well as the novice homeowners. The impact drivers are usually used for driving fasteners. The hammering action of the impact drivers make them a better choice for loosening or tightening the bolts and this makes it a better choice to have for every person who deals with such DIYs and professional projects, but that doesn’t mean best cordless drills are any less.
You can check our take on impact drivers vs cordless drills here. In other words, if you are looking for a better and more versatile best cordless drills set, we will suggest you to try your hands on the impact drivers. These are available in the market in different types and offered by a wide range of reputed brands. So basically cordless drills and impact drivers work hand on hand for the user’s benefits.
Here, we are going to talk about all the major things that you should know about the best cordless drills 2020, like buyer’s guide, types, usability and others. Also, we will be listing the ten most efficient and reliable cordless drills that you can consider buying this year for yourself. So, whether you are looking to buy a new cordless drill, or are just willing to know about them, this article will be a worthy read for you.
Now, check out some of the best cordless drills and drivers for the current year 2020.
10 Best Best Cordless Drills 2020 Review
Cordless impact drills are a great tool to have regardless of the needs and your proficiency levels. The usability, brilliant features and better handling make the top cordless drills a much better option than the corded ones. However, as the best cordless drills are a popular option to choose, many manufacturers including the top power tool manufacturers have already jumped into the field. And this makes it a tough task to zero on one ideal cordless drill that is better than most of the other products in the price range.
The two major aspects of choosing the cordless drills are battery life and power. And in curating the list, we have kept these two things in mind. So, if you are looking to have a perfect cordless drill for yourself that works well and offer better value, these ten best cordless drills 2020 can be the best options to go with. Try them and choose the one that fulfills your needs and is in your budget.
This 20 V cordless drill is certainly compact and easy to use; it comes with a great design and what’s more, it comes loaded with features as well as advanced functionality. This best cordless drill is cordless so you would not have to lug around a heavy cord all the time. It is lightweight, and what’s more you should be able to use the drill in tight corners with ease as it is compact enough. It is also durable and sturdy and should last you for some time to come. What makes this drill stand out is that it comes with variable speed and a powerful transmission, so you should be able to use it quite effectively and vary the speed, as needed. You can charge the battery and it should be enough to power up the drill for a week and longer still. But the interesting feature of this cordless drill is that it also comes with reverse motion which should make it easier and convenient for you to remove screws from other products. Let’s check out some of the pros and cons, shall we?
- It is a 20V cordless drill
- It comes with a chargeable drill which should last for a week and longer
- It comes with both options, brushless and brush motors
- It comes with 16 torque settings
- This cordless drill is not ideal or hammer driving
- The charging mechanism needs tweaking
- It does not come with additional slots for storing those extra bits
Verdict: On the whole, this is one of the best cordless drills, and it is highly functional and should be just right to handle any home based projects. You can purchase additional accessories and use the same as needed, so as to improve the functionality of this drill.
What makes this lithium powered best cordless drill stand out, apart from its design, is that it comes with a peak torque of 1200 Lbs and an RPM of 2000 for those top speeds. If you are looking for an impressive cordless drill that is highly functional and comes with more than a few advanced features, then this is the one that you need to take a closer look at. It comes with fastening torque as well as M18 FUEL 1/4 inch Hex Impact Driver (2753-20) that makes this cordless drill stand out for all the right reasons. So when it comes to home based projects, this is the drill that you need. It is compact enough and comes with all the required accessories that require. And as it is powered by Lithium batteries, it comes with better run time and peak performance. Check out some of the pros and cons of this product,
- It features two lithium batteries
- It comes with its own storage case
- It is strong, durable and sturdy
- It is dependable to function seamlessly as required, provided you take good care of the same
- It is slightly expensive
- It also comes with a slight lag time
Verdict: This best cordless drill certainly stands out from several others; it comes with chargeable batteries which should help keep the drill powered up for weeks. It is light weight and compact and comes with a fantastic design.
If you were looking for an ‘all in one” drill set, then this is one that you should check out; it is a cordless drill that comes complete with over 89 pieces of drills, bits and other accessories that you may require for the project at hand. It also comes with a battery and a charger which should keep your drill powered up for long. But what stands out is the seamless efficiency of this cordless drill, its elegant design and the fact that it is quite compact. It is compact enough for you to use the drill in extremely tight places, to start with. It is an 18V set that weighs at 10 pounds, and comes with ‘easy to use’ functionality. This cordless drill packs in quite a bit of power and with it; you should be able to handle your project efficiently and quickly at that. Do check out some of the pros and cons of this best cordless drills of 2020.
- It is an 18V cordless drill with 89 drill pieces
- It is quite compact
- It is also quite lightweight
- It is reasonably priced
- Its batteries come with only 5 hour lifespan
Verdict: This best cordless drill certainly performs remarkably; it is both compact and lightweight which makes it easy to handle. What sets this drill apart, is the fact that it comes with all the requisite drill bit and pieces that you would ever need.
This 20V cordless drill happens to be one of the most popular ones and with good reason. It is cordless, and comes equipped with all the functionality that you can expect out of your drill and more. It comes with a compact design as well as a lithium ion battery which can be recharged. Essentially, you use the battery to power up this drill. But what sets this drill apart is the fact that it comes with a clutch and 11 settings for the same. As a result, you should be able to use this drill effectively to drill through wood, metal and most materials with ease. This is the perfect addition to your home toolbox kit and one that you can use to carry out all the repairs in and around your home with ease. It comes with variable speed with which you can adjust the speed of the drill; depending on what you happen to be drilling through. Check out the various pros and cons of this one of the best cordless drills 2020.
- It comes with clutch with 11 speed setting
- It enable you to drill precisely
- The variable speed should help prevent stripping
- It comes with an affordable price tag
- It does not come with a high enough torque
Verdict: The cordless drill from Black and Decker is certainly good enough and should last you for a long while.
#5. Makita XPH102
This is one of the top ranking power drills and that’s not a surprise seeing that the manufacturers have been renowned for developing some of the most efficient power tools. This particular product is a cordless drill and comes with a torque of 480 in-lb and can really pack in quite a punch. It is powerful enough for you to want to use this on professional jobs apart from using it for all your home based DIY projects. What’s most impressive about this best cordless drill, apart from the fact that it comes with various advanced features is that it offers 1900 RPM, along with 28500 BPM. What’s interesting though is this product comes with an ergonomic design as well as the fact that it is quite compact and not too heavy either. It also features protection technology which should help protect it from both water and dust. It is time to take a look at some of the pros and cons of this drill.
- It features protection technology which should provide your drill with the required protection from both water and dust
- It comes with four pole high speed motor
- It is reasonably priced
- And it also comes with warranty
- The battery lasts only for three hours and it does not come with extra battery
Verdict: On the whole, this drill is as good as it gets; it comes with all the functionality that you need.
#6. PORTER-CABLE PCC601LB 20V Max 1/2″ Drill
This is one of the best cordless drills that comes with a variable speed between 0-350rpm and 0-1500rpm. If you are planning to undertake a DIY project then this is the one drill that would come handy. It is both compact and easy to use, and therefore, the one drill that you can use effectively even in small, tight and confined places. This drill can be powered by two lithium batteries but it can take an hour or longer to charge it. But the batteries should enable your drill to stay charged for a long while. And since these batteries are lithium ion batteries they should definitely be able to hold the charge even when in storage. This drill only measures 8 and half inches, it is that compact and it comes with a storage bag, a Philips bit tip, and other requisite accessories. Do check out some of the pros and cons of this best cordless power drill.
- It comes with two speed settings and RPM that ranges between 350 RPM and 1500 RPM.
- It comes with half inch keyless chuck
- It is quite compact
- And it is also reasonably priced
- It takes a bit longer to get charged
Verdict: If you are doing some small projects or DIY, then this is the one drill that you may want to check out right away, given its speed and functionality.
#7. Bosch DDB181-02 1/2″ Compact Tough Drill
This is a compact drill from Bosch and it comes with two slim batteries as well as a charger to power up your drill. What makes this compact drill stand out from many others is the fact that despite being compact, it manages to pack in some real power so much so that you can also use this drill for professional projects. It comes with 700lbs of toque as well a variable RPMs of 500 to 1700- RPM for the higher speeds. This cordless drill weighs only 2.8 pounds, making it one of the lightest in the market. It also comes with a variable speed trigger as well; check out the pros and cons of this best cordless drills of 2020.
- It comes with variable speed and you can customize it depending on your current need
- It comes with built in LED light which you can use for extra visibility when needed
- You can use this tool in extremely tight corners
- It is highly functional
- It is slightly expensive
Verdict: This best cordless and compact drill from Bosch is ‘as good as it gets’ ; it packs in a lot of features and the variable speed should certainly enable you to finish your current project within the specified timeframe.
This power drill is definitely the sort that would grab your attention right away; it comes with two heads, a drill bit in one and a screwdriver in the other. This cordless drill comes packed with all the functionality that you need and more. What’s more, as it comes with a screwdriver as well, this drill is certainly useful and popular as well. This best cordless drill comes with 180 degree rotating dual chucks which naturally translates to better performance. It is time to take a closer look at this one of the best cordless drills and its pros and cons.
- It comes with 180 degree rotating dual chucks
- It comes with variable speeds and decent torque
- It comes with two 20V Lithium batteries which need to be charged before you can power up the drill
- It also comes with LED light which you can use for illuminating those dark places.
- The product needs to come with a better manual
Verdict: This is a good cordless drill that you can use for your home based DIY project. But the good news is that you can use this cordless drill for any project and you should be able to complete that project in no time at all.
Different Types of Best Cordless Drills
Before purchasing a new top cordless drill, it is essential that you choose the right type of drill for your projects. By choosing the right one for yourself, you will be able to choose and buy the best cordless drills for your projects and get the best results with the least efforts. In this section, we are going to briefly cover a few of most popular and widely used types of cordless that are currently trending in the market.
- Hammer drills
- Rotary Hammer (Combination hammer)
- Impact drills (Impact driver)
- Screw Driver drills
- Drywall screwgun
So, these were the top five drill drivers that are available in the market. And apart from these, there are a few more types that you can refer for your projects. So, choose the right one and get the best results.
Why to buy Best Cordless Drill
The next big thing most users often have in their mind is why they should opt for the cordless drills? So, here’s the answer. The cordless drills are relatively more handy than the corded ones and offer better usability than the cordless drills. And though the corded drills are more powerful than the cordless drills, but they have certain limitations that the best cordless drills perfectly deal with.
So, if you are looking for a more reliable, easy to use and more effective impact driver for yourself, the cordless drills will be a much better choice to go with. Try your hands on them and you are not going to regret your decision.
Best Cordless Drills 2020 : Buying Guide
Given the fact that there are so many brands and each with its own cordless variant, selecting the right drill can be tad problematic. And that’s why you may want to use the following metrics to sort through the lot.
Brushless vs. brushed motor:
Cordless drills and drivers come with both brushless and brushed motor. If a cordless drill uses carbon brushes to create the rotator action in the motor, then it is a brushed motor. Whereas if the product utilizes internal circuitry to create the required magnetic field, then that product comes with brushless motor. A drill that comes with brushless motor is much more effective and can easily generate more torque per RPM than one with brushed motor and likewise, the price tag goes up for those products with brushless motor
RPM and Torque
It goes without saying that products that feature high RPM come with better torque and power. The more torque that a drill comes with, then the more power that it has to drill into various materials.
This allows you to vary your torque and to adjust the speed accordingly. At times, you may end up breaking your drill bit due to excessive torque which is why a “clutch” is indeed a handy feature to have so that you can fine tune your drilling perfectly.
This is essentially a part of most cordless drill that holds the rotating parts in place. Always avoid choosing products that come with a wobbling chuck. The chuck needs to be secure as it has to align and secure the rotating bits securely.
Naturally, you would want to go for such a best cordless drills that comes with a good battery which can power up your drill for hours on end. You can use this to sort through the various drills and choose one that comes with better powers specs and longer lasting batteries.
Best Cordless Drill Safety Precautions to Note Down
Another important thing that you should ignore while dealing with the drills is the safety precautions. By having a look at these simple yet extremely useful tips, you can easily save your life ad avoid any adverse situation.
- Go through the user manual carefully
- Check for any loose component before switching on the drill
- Make sure that the battery is in top running condition
- Pay attention to any false wiring or weird noises from the drill
- Only rely on genuine spare parts and battery
How to take care of your Cordless Drill
Here are a few tips by which you can take care better of your cordless drill. If you are looking to extend the life span of your drill, then it is essential that you pay heed to these maintenance tips.
- Lubricate it well: Your cordless drill comes with many moving parts. It is important that you are able to lubricate each moving part so as to ensure seamless operation. Make sure that you oil the chuck and you can use the manufacturer recommended oil and grease for the same. Just check the product’s manual and it should help identify the right lubricants that you have to use for lubricating your drill.
- Clean it regularly: Chances are that you would be using your cordless drill for a construction or DIY project. It would be exposed to various particulates as well as dust. And if you do not clean up your drill regularly, it can impact the smooth functioning of the same. And that is why you need to thoroughly clean up your drill, at the end of the day. You need to remove all the dust, wipe the drill down, pat it dry and store it safely, in a high shelf so it is safely out of the reach of all small children. Make sure that your motor vents are free of all dust particulates so that your drill can continue to function smoothly.
- Store your drills in a dry place: Both humidity and wetness can affect the functioning of your drill. Your drill contains several important pieces and you need to ensure that they continue to remain as effectively as before.
- Use sharp drill bits: It is important that you change your drill bits after a while as they can get dull. And while you can still use the tool, it would take longer to perform the same task. This can place more stress on your drill motor which is why it is essential that you change your drill bits after a while.
Also Check : Best Machete 2020
Best Cordless Drills 2020 FAQ: All Answered
- Which drill voltage should we choose?
It solely depends on your needs. There are different types of drills ranging from 12-30V power and it is essential to choose the perfect and adequately powered drill according to the projects you deal with. Normally, an 22V drill is perfect for home and normal professional drilling.
- What does “Ah” mean in cordless drills?
Ah, ampere-hour describes the charge capacity of the battery. Make sure that you choose a bigger battery for better runtime.
- Cordless Drills vs Cordless drills: What to choose?
It depends on your projects. If you have a proper place where you work on the project and doesn’t need to travel with the tools, the corded drills will be better. And if you want more versatility and ease to move while working, the cordless drills will be a better choice for you.
- How to store cordless drill Batteries safely?
Most drill sets come with a box to keep the battery while it is not being used. However, even it is not, we will suggest you to keep the battery separately to avoid any hazard.
These are some of the top ranking cordless drills in the market. You can opt for any drill but make sure that you check out all the specs as well as our description, and our verdict. Each of the best cordless drills of 2020 differs from the other in terms of torque, speed, as well as RPM among other features. There are a few drills that even feature an LED light which should help improve the visibility of those dark corners. These drills are essential for most projects and thanks to our list, you should be able to select the right one for your home based DIY projects as well as other projects.